Friday, February 19, 2010

another friday, another day wasted...

Well not entirely wasted... I worked out with Jillian today, I'm feeling very sore. But sore is good, it means whatever I'm doing is working, right?? (I'll let that be a rhetorical question.) I also made a stellar dinner for the hubs tonight, I have to wine and dine him before I leave him next week to go to Dallas so he doesn't leave me for someone who cooks every night. Tonight I tried a recipe I found online, green beans wrapped in bacon and brown sugar -


Then you bake at 350 for 30 min and then broil for 2-3 min on high to get the bacon crispy. And you get this-


I love green beans, and I love bacon, and I love brown sugar, so I thought this turned out so good. Don't worry, this was just a side, we also had broiled boneless ribs and mashed potatoes. Homemade mashed potatoes. One of my best meals yet, if I say so myself.

The finished product.

And for dessert, the hubs was in charge and went to get ice cream!!

Sweet cream and cookie dough - my favorite! Except during the fall when they have pumpkin - then that's my favorite! All in all a good Friday night!

1 comment:

  1. omg! I love your blog! I feel so caught up on your life! I'm also sooooo so so so impressed with your culinary skills! Who knew Holly would be so good in the kitchen? Seriously, your meal is making me so hungry! Keep blogging! I love it!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete