Thursday, February 11, 2010

I cant really think of anything good...

Hello family, this is for y'all. Since the hubs and I live so far away I thought I'd document our lives for you. I've also been reading a lot of blogs in all my spare time, and after watching Julie & Julia I decided I wanted to enter the world of blogging as well. Because after all, if Julie can do it, so can I. I, however, will not be blogging about going through Julia Childs' cookbook - that is way too many recipes and my other half wouldn't eat 2/3 of the recipes anyway. I may however update you on new foods that I attempt to make and Luke is brave enough to eat.

I am also going to try to keep y'all up to date on all my new year's resolutions. Which include running a half marathon, learning to knit, growing a closer relationship to my Heavenly Father and just attempting to find a hobby really. I have yet to attempt knitting yet, I'm still trying to find someone to teach me. I've also had a hard time committing to running on a normal basis, I really just need to sign up and get going, because a half marathon isn't really something that I can procrastinate on. But in an attempt to begin the process of getting more in shape I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today, if she can get 300 lb people to lose weight, then I ought to be able to stick with it and lose a few pounds too. If I can look like her, then I will give it my all.
I'll let y'all know how it goes. I've also been doing pilates. I really like it, I feel sore but I don't get gross.

In other news we got 24 hours of snow which accumulated about 12ish inches. Here's what White Plains looked like in the middle of the day yesterday - a winter wonderland -

I picked up a couple of books today at Barnes & Noble. The first is When Christ Comes by Max Lucado. Like everyone else, I'm ready, but I'm not homesick. I'm hoping that this book will allow me to comfortably feel homesick.
I'll be sure to post snippets, but if you've never read anything by him, do. He's a great writer and teacher! And I highly recommend him!
The other book I bought is really a textbook, but my job is so intense and I have so much to learn that wasn't even touched on in nursing school, and I just want to be the best NICU nurse I can be, because I love taking care of the babies and learning about them and their families. It truly is the most rewarding job.
So I will be reading this bad boy everyday and making sure that I know everything I need to know, and learn as much as I can. Its like being in school everyday. Every baby is different, and no situation is the same.

Okay - so this the longest first post ever. I think I touched on a little bit of everything going on in my life. As for Luke, he is liking his job, and still going everyday =)

I will attempt to become more focused in my posts, but for a while I will be all over the place, because the thoughts in my head are generally all over the place. Come back tomorrow, I'll have some VERY exciting news to share!

Until next time.... xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Holly! I love your blog!! In fact, I think you've inspired me to start writing in mine again....my family is always complaining that I only post about once a year...
    By the way, Beth Eno knows how to knit really well! We should have a little club. I want to find a hobby too.
    On the fitness front, you tossed hula hoops to my in my wii fit games yesterday! I'm sore too...
    Great job on the blog....and thanks for being my friend!

    ReplyDelete