Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Friday!

(This doesn't have anything to do with my post but how beautiful is the North Carolina sunset??)

So, last night I started my When Christ Comes, and that Max Lucado, he just jumps right in! But I really do love it, and it's always just what I need. Isn't our God so cool, that He just knows what we need, when we need it. In all actuality I've been looking at getting this book since July, but I kept putting it off and putting it off, getting other devotional books, that were just as good, but I knew I was putting off the inevitable. When I think about the end of times it makes me nervous! But John 14: 1 says "Trust in God." Okay... I do. But in the words of Max Lucado, when I think about "The Day" I feel a little discomfort, a little denial, and just a little panic. 


The angels bow their heads . The elders remove their crowns. And before you is a figure so consuming you know, instantly you know; Nothing else matters. Forget stock markets and school reports. Sales meetings and football games. Nothing is newsworthy. All that mattered, matters no more, for Christ has come...


Cool huh? And oh so true! BUT am I alone when I think "um God, you see, uh I just want to go to Europe still" and God replies "Europe!?!?! My kingdom is sooo much better and fulfilling!!!" He's right. How selfish am I!? It's the unknown - me I've seen pictures of vineyards in Italy, rolling green hilltops in Ireland, and the double decker busses of England and I want to experience it all! BUT I can only imagine streets paved with gold, I haven't seen pictures, I cannot imagine myself there... Am I making sense? But John 14 tells me:


"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.... And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" John 14: 1-3


So I will. Okay, well, I'm working on it. I'm working on being more unselfish, and trusting in Him. Baby steps. =)


As for my surprise, please come back later tonight!!!


I was up very late last night studying for my Neonatal Resuscitation Program, so that I may get my license to resuscitate infants. While Luke angrily/happily (however you would like to take it) played COD all night long. For those of you non-gamers COD is Call of Duty, a  war game. Yes, I married a gamer. For I knew this about him already, and love him despite this. 
It's kind of early and nothing interesting has happened since my post yesterday. Right now I am going to wrap this up and go work out with my personal trainer, Jillian, and by Jillian I mean Jillian Michaels because she does come right to my home now... I am sore from yesterday, so she apparently knows what she's doing. We'll see in a couple weeks if I get the results that she promised me. =)


Until next time... xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment