Monday, April 12, 2010

13.1

Yes that's right, 13.1 MILES. Tonight, this morning, today... whatever you want to call it (my days all run together and I'm lucky if I remember what day of the week it is, much less the actual date) - BUT I finally signed up for a half marathon in October. I have had the registration website saved in my favorites for two months now, and finally decided that I had to sign up today because my current plan is not working. My current plan being that I'll build up to 3 miles and then sign up... but seeing as how I still can't run 3 miles, the plan was not working so I changed the plan and signed up. But I still stared at the computer tonight for 45 min debating internally with myself (which isn't unusual, at least this time I wasn't arguing out loud with myself) can I do this? Do I really want to do this? Will I even make it past a mile? Maybe I should sign up for the walker's half... yeah I'll do that, but no, I'm healthy I should be able to run it, right? Yes, yes I can. Okay. So I did it! I'm signed up. I have some great running shoes that I bought in November, and they've been patiently waiting to be used... since November. Have I mentioned I'm a procrastinator? Hence the shoe buying in November and the non shoe using until April. Unfortunately, I can't stay up all night the night before a half "studying" and then run 13.1 miles the next day... and yet it worked so well the night before a big exam. I am a good night before, freak out study-er, BUT the mileage buildup starts tomorrow. If I can I will drag my lazy bum self out of bed, off the couch, out of my oh so comfy PJ's and down the ONE FLIGHT of stairs to the gym. Yes, the gym is literally right underneath me, and I have to force myself to go. But I signed up and I am doing it. Since, I'm starting at a whopping one mile, I have so far to go! But there are many people everyday that can run, and if they can do it, so can I! Feel free to motivate, inspire, encourage, or just plain remind me how crazy I am  or  give me some friendly running advice and tips. Thanks and good night/morning.

3 comments:

  1. OMG SO PROUD OF YOU!! I'll have to come visit so I can watch you cross the finish line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, You go girl! What a goal. I plan to hear your progess each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your sister says...
    Yeah!!!! Finally, I am glad you did it. Now just set a goal of another mile every week or every other week. You can do this! I ran up until like a month ago. so if this preggo girl can run so can you!!!

    ReplyDelete