Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Important matters of the mind... my mind

- To all five of my readers - you know my sister, she has a bun in the oven, knocked up, wearing her apron high, preggers, on stork watch, etc - you get the picture. ANYWHO, she had her glucose test last week and failed, so she's going for her 3 hour glucose test in the morning. This is where you fast and then get your sugar tested, so say a prayer for her! It is never fun not to be able to eat for 15 hours... pregnant girl needs to eat! Amen.

- I love 19 kids and counting on TLC. The Duggars are the sweetest people ever (I feel like I know them) and all their kids are SO good. Michelle Duggar is like the softest speaking person ever for having 19 kids. Do I think they're absolutely certifiably nuts - a little bit. But they're such good people!

- Speaking of babies - I am on my own tomorrow night with the little babies for the first time in 6 months! Holy small herd of cows am I nervous!! But I know what I'm doing, I'm going to have lots of people around me to help me out and answer all of my questions. Say a prayer for me that all my patients are still alive when I leave them... j/k just a little NICU joke - but seriously, pray for me. For wisdom and smarts. And to stay awake... and that the day nurse is kind to me in the AM... 

- I signed up for a Susan G Komen Race for the Cure NYC - it's September 12 in Central Park. It's only a 5k. I hope that that is an easy run by September (remember I'm running a half marathon in october!). My goal is to raise $500 to be donated. This is near and dear to my heart, as my mom and aunt have both been diagnosed with breast cancer. So, I'm running for them (and because I want to be healthier/get back into my LBD....) but I want to do this because I hope that one day no one has to hear that their mother, sister, daughter, aunt, grandmother have been diagnosed with cancer. But if you're feeling generous (every little bit will help!) you can go to my page here to donate. Thanks!

- Would someone explain the male mind to me please? You see, the hubs told me that I could buy a tv for the bedroom, because we need another tv, because you all know the issues the xbox and I have daily, to which the xbox continues to win these battles. BUT I don't want another tv- I want boots. But if I bought boots - then our marital bliss might reach a new low that no other low has tried to stoop to.. okay thats low - there might just be a few "whys" and "because I wanted them's" and all would be right with marital bliss-edness. The boots would last longer then a tv... and I can wear the boots, I cannot wear the tv!!!! 




Now if you'll all excuse me, I have a load of laundry with my name on it... you can just call me June Cleaver!


And I know most of you are very concerned as to whether or not I am a smartypants and I am sad to inform you that I'm not! Apparently there is a method out there that I am missing in how to tackle this task. The hubs and I answered 18 questions in 10 min, but I was still the 38th person to post! How frustrating! I had already spent $350 at apple in my head. Sad day...

No comments:

Post a Comment