Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Doogie

We have a cat. On friday as my sister lay in a hospital bed getting ready to push a baby out of her, and I'm a thousand miles away crying my eyes out ALL day long, Luke and I decided to go to the pound to look for a kitten. I didn't really want to leave the house, after all, I was having a pity party for myself, by myself. But if looking for a kitten couldn't help me, then it was going to be a long night. Now I had a very clear picture in my mind of the kitten that I wanted, and they didn't have it. Then they took us upstairs, to the infirmary where no one is allowed, but I guess Luke and I looked promising for a good home for one of their many cats. So up we went, to see Doogie. A long haired black and white cat who had been left outside the shelter in his crate with all his food. They knew we'd like him. Well he was so cute, but we had to wait for him to be checked out by the vet before we could take him. Now I won't lie to you, I did get distracted by some really cute kittens, that I was in love with and really wanted! BUT a kitten would have been an arm and a leg, and we only have a few fingers and toes to spare around here. The shelter was also offering cats over 3 years for free. That kind of helped our decision. He's also real fat, and real cute.


He's a little wary of us right now. Still checking things out. We also don't have a lot of hiding spaces for him, so he has to be around us all the time. So we're forcing him to get used to us. I think he's coming along nicely... 

So as my sister took her son home, and gets used to life as a new mom. Luke and I have welcomed our new adopted "son" and the first animal that we're both responsible for on our own, to our little home. We're also getting used life as new parents. next on our list - a puppy!! I think Doogie and Lola will be best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment