Thursday, July 1, 2010

Healthy eating

The hubs and I are embarking on a new journey for us this month of July - drum roll... we are going to try and eat NO processed foods! This means no more hot dogs, doritoes, cheetos, maccaroni and cheese, and all the other good stuff that we love to eat! That is our goal for the month. If we can make it happen for a month, who's to say we can't make this a permanent change. I don't know if I'm going to be able to give up Mario's buffalo chicken pizza, but if I get wheat crust then it's good for me right!? Yeah, I thought so. Baby steps people. 
I will be sure to keep y'all updated on how we're doing. The hubs will be eating salads galore in the weeks to come! I am doing some research on what we should eat, and the easiest piece of advice I found is when you read the ingredients, if you can't pronounce what's in it, don't eat it! That's pretty easy, so we went through the fridge and cabinet and threw away all the foods that are processed or we can't pronounce what's in it. It was kind of liberating. I've also never enjoyed grocery shopping so much. It's like a new project. I kind of like projects... I don't usually finish them though. But I must remember that my body is not my own, it houses the holy spirit and was bought with a price. I have to take care of what God gave me, right!? I hope He likes buffalo chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment