Saturday, May 28, 2011

RC Cola and Moon Pie 10 mile run



That's right folks, I took the plunge. Is it the heat? The promise of free RC colas and moon pies? Maybe the deafening mating call of the cicadas? Lack of sleep, perhaps? No. None of those. I learned my lesson in New York, we left when there were so many things that I still wanted to do and see, so I am going to run 10 miles in the middle of June. In middle Tennessee. Where the average temperature at this time is 86 degrees and the record high is 98 degrees, because I don't want to have any regrets. We're still not sure if we want to call Nashville "home" and settle down here for forever, so I will do everything on my "to do" list while we're here. I don't want to leave and think, "man I should have ran the RC cola and moon pie 10 mile run in Bell Buckle, TN," and live hundreds of miles away. Besides, I already missed out on the country music half marathon, I don't want to miss anymore of these fun runs Tennessee has to offer! I now have 3 weeks, yes 21 days, to train to run 10 miles! Lawd have mercy, I must be crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment