Sunday, July 31, 2011

We have a place to live!!

In my last post, I announced that we were moving back to New York!! I have been planning this post for a while in my head, but waiting for the opportunity to post it. Not the whole moving to New York thing, I was planning a "we're moving to - Florida, Mississippi, Texas, North Carolina, Alaska, Canada, West Viriginia, Ohio - you pick" post! But as it turns out it was a we're moving back to New York post! The past few months have been anything but perfect - but what in life is ever perfect? We have each other most importantly, we have our family, we have our friends, and we have our faith. As I have mentioned many a time, Jeremiah 29:11 is my life's motto and I frequently repeat it over and over in my "For I know the plans I have for you," - not always my exact plan but a plan. I have also recently come across  Proverbs 16:9 again and as I feel it directly applies to me, I have added that to my list of verses I repeat when things don't go my way it says, "The heart of a man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps."  I don't know who of the 10 of you faithful readers likes the group NeedtoBreathe, but I just love them. They are a mix between country and rock and they're just good. They have a song called Lay 'em down, you can listen here. But a group sang this song in church the other morning in acoustics and it was absolutely amazing, and it just hit me, and I just laid everything I was feeling - frustration, sadness, and just plain anger at the foot of the cross and it feels like life for us started to fall into place. We started to see His plan for us. Hence the move back to the Northeast!! Which could not happen at a more perfect time!! Do I wish that we had, had a glimpse into the future and known enough not to uproot our lives, only to turn around and re-uproot our lives and move back? Sure. But life doesn't always fit into a pretty little box with a beautifully tied bow, much to my chagrin. But this is probably okay, as I am a terrible bow tier and mine alone would never be perfect or beautiful.
Anywho, I just feel like you need a firm handle on your faith in Jesus Christ to go apartment hunting in the New York/southern Connecticut area, because if that doesn't test you than I don't know what will. To make the process more complicated we rented sight unseen, relying on wonderful friends whom we trust to do our viewing! We did not have long to search this time around and went through place after place, finding a place and losing a place and finding another place and losing that place. Finding a place only to find out that you can have 2 cats or 1 dog but not a dog and a cat... because who owns a dog and a cat!?! Or finding a place and finding out that your pet can't weigh more than 35lbs or there is only one floor that allows pets and you just missed the last apartment on that one floor that lets you have a pet. I think someone is super bored somewhere and decides that to entertain themselves they will make up these crazy pet rules and institute them in various places and then just sit back and watch. Where I just think it's plain rude. BUT lo and behold we found a place to live!! Woo hoo!! Now I like all the new and shiny and unused, but can you guess what I found? I found the old and the full of character and the if these walls could talk place. But I do have a great feeling about this place, and I think that it will be perfect for us. For the first time in our marriage we have more than one bedroom! SO come visit us!! But don't be a creepo and just show up... Allow me some time to clean up first please. Without further ado - our new humble abode in the lovely town of Greenwich, CT. (Close enough to the state of New York to still claim New York)

The backyard - Harley will have plenty of room to chase the ball and run in circles like he loves to do. We're also not too far from a local dog park. We are definitely going to have to work on his manners a little bit. 


My new reading room :) I think that my bookshelf and a nice little chair will fit very nicely in here. And I'm told it faces the south, so I can open the windows and drink a nice tall glass of sweet tea and dream of magnolia trees, the beach, and fried chicken. And talk like Scarlett O'Hara and just worry about it tomorrow!


The master bedroom. I would say where all the magic happens... but that is just so cliche and as I am still dreaming of my perfect reading room facing the south and wanting to portray Scarlett O'Hara, a southern lady would never talk like that. 


The guest bedroom. I'm thinking a futon or day bed and the computer perhaps a 2nd tv, because we're living the American dream, where we have access to a television in every room...


Are you thinking to yourself - why that looks an awful lot like my great aunt Agatha's bathroom... it probably is. I said the old and the full of character. It's starting to grow on me. It really is.


This is the biggest kitchen I've ever had. as a matter of fact our very first kitchen was about the size of the stove and counter you see right in front of you. We'll be able to fit our table! Exciting I know. And I have a washer and dryer, what more could I want?


That is it, home sweet home. We will be there oh so soon! I cannot wait! Mainly because the temperature will not hit the 90s this upcoming week, and that makes me blissfully happy. 

3 comments:

  1. Holly!!! That's great love the new place and am happy for you all! I will think of you everytime I am drinking sweet tea or eating some fried chicken!! Hopefully we can stay in touch even if it is just a hey every once in awhile on Facebook! I feel that I have truly found a sister in Christ and wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't wait to come visit the reading room, it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be close to Lauren and Adam and the girls? hope so! Trust you will see God's blessing abundantly in your move.

    ReplyDelete