Thursday, September 22, 2011

Goals for the Nashville Women's Half Marathon

Tomorrow morning I will be getting on an airplane heading south to see this bunch - minus the sister's husband.


It'll be like old times, all the family vacays before we got married and had babies.. except for the small minor detail that there will be a very cute baby hanging out with us. I can't wait to see him!

This weekend will be a little something like this -
I woke up at 2 pm today - I am hoping to be in bed by 11, perhaps 12 at the latest. Insomnia is the name of the game y'all. I get on an airplane to Nashville at 7am. I don't even know what getting up at 7am is like anymore - it is a foreign concept.
Once I get to Nashville, I plan to hit up the Starbucks in the Nashville airport and then head to the expo. This is the largest race I've ever ran and the expo is supposed to be pretty big with lots of vendors. Like ifitness, Nuun, sweaty bands, spibelt, etc etc. I'm hoping to score some goodies.
We will then be heading to carb load somewhere. I'm debating if Loveless Cafe and fried chicken are a good pre race meal. I might find out, and I might let you know how it goes. 
The morning of the race I plan to eat what I always eat - banana, honey, and almond butter english muffin - some tea, and then head downtown for the coup de grace... definition: the deathblow. Thanks dictionary.com. 
After the race we're heading to Clarksville for the Austin Peay vs Eastern Kentucky football game. Rod knows people in high places, ie: the head coach at Austin Peay. Rod played football back there back in the day, it is his alma mater and this will be the sister's and I first time ever to the campus. I'm pretty excited. I haven't been to a college football game since the Florida vs. Florida State game November of 2008. Woo!
Then I head back north. Not that I want to leave the hubs and puppy and kitty up here by themselves, but I'm debating not getting back on the plane, and instead just get in the car and go home with my mom and dad and go hide out on the Noble's compound for a while... But I'll make that decision Sunday morning.. I'll let you know, if I start posting tons of pictures of the beach and books and I all of a sudden have tons of free time, you'll know what I decided. 

Goals for this weekend:
1. Finish. At least be running over the finish line
2. Take a good picture. Seems a little silly, yes, but I never take a good race picture, I'm never smiling and I don't want to look like I'm dying. 
And that is all. I have no time goals. Again, finish. Finish. Finish. 

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me 
Phil 4:13

let us run with endurance the race that is set before us Hebrews 12:1



Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear/read how it goes...

    Sweaty Bands are my favorite running accessory. After my Garmin, of course. They gave me couple of two-packs as give-aways on my old blog!

    ReplyDelete