Sunday, September 4, 2011

Main Squeeze Monday: And then there was August...

I believe I am on a path of recurring patterns here... like one year ago when I recapped my August and then I disappeared for months and months. I promise not to do that again. I blame it on the heat, the lack of AC, starting work and just plain laziness. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, I am sincerely inconsistent and lack any sort of self discipline leading to a lack of blogging, lack of cleaning, lack of cooking, and lack of any sort of productivity that normal people do in their day to day life. Without further ado, here's what  I did for an entire month, for those of you that care..

- We didn't have AC for almost 2 weeks. In August. It was h-o-t hot! I can't really complain because hot in Connecticut was like 85, but still with no AC it is highly uncomfortable. Every home improvement store, Lowes, Costco, Home Depot, Wal-mart, Sams etc within 50 miles of us was SOLD OUT! SOLD OUT of AC's in August because they were getting ready for all the FALL merchandise like an apparel store would do. IN AUGUST no less!! I'm sorry, I don't care where you live, but moving out summer items in the hottest month of the year is absurd! Someone call the head honchos, who probably don't even have to worry about not having central AC, and tell them that it is absolutely ridiculous and someone needs to remedy this situation ASAP. But we now have AC units and I felt like Miss Skeeter and her mama in The Help when they get their first window unit in the heat of Mississippi and just stand there and let the cold air blow on them... I did that.

- I started back at Westchester, and it feels like I never left.. kind of. Besides the ohh you're back questions - which if you're truly interested, grab a cup of coffee, come find me, sit down and get comfortable and I'll spill my life story to you... but yes, I'm back. It was kind of like riding a bike, you don't ride one in forever, but you just hop right back on and keep riding like you never stopped. Or, like a really long vacation, where I worked somewhere else.. But I'm glad to be back, this is where I belong. For now. Unless I win the lottery in which I wouldn't even give 2 weeks, but be on the next plane to Florida where I would by a house on the beach and become more of a recluse than I already am...

- I am unpacked!! For the most part. We have more room than we've ever had, I have 2 completely empty rooms, which my lack of creative self starts twitching and having heart palpitations when I think about having to decorate and fill them.. But I will just take it one day at a time. In the mean time, I did hang curtains! Where I used my eyeball judgement and fingers as a measuring tool... needless to say they are slightly crooked and not without flaws... but I'd like to think it just gives the place a little character. My curtains are green. Avocado green. For this white, black, beige, and navy blue girl, avocado green is a welcome color to my bland decorating palate. I love them. They are loud and obnoxious.

- I have been reading A LOT. More like, re-reading. I read The Help again in preparation for the movie, which I still have not seen, but I'm working on it. I also re-read the first two books in the Tea Rose series by Jennifer Donnelly because the third book has finally come out and I am awaiting it in the mail as we speak. If you like time period books, and the early 20th century interests you, these are great books. I highly recommend them. And I re-read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that book. If you've never read it, or consider yourself a non-reader this is a book that you must read. The most wonderful love story of all time. It just makes me happy.

- As for running... I am getting back on the bandwagon, considering I am running a half marathon in 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS!!!!! And semi - contemplating signing up for another one 2 weeks later. It's the Westchester half marathon and it was my first one, so I kind of feel like as an homage to my first half I should run it a second time. I mean I am here and all... I also usually stay super dedicated right after a race and think that it could be a good race for me, knowing that the hills of Nashville might give me thoughts of death and crawling into a hole and not coming back out again...

 Here is my favorite picture, since I'm too lazy to dig for more, and a blog with no pictures is kind of boring, and I would certainly hate to bore you and make you feel like you've wasted 10 minutes of your life...

He was being so sweet as I read my Bible. I think he was asking for forgiveness for chewing the corner earlier in the week...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how your personality comes through in your writing!!! Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete