Monday, September 19, 2011

Main Squeeze Mondays: A little of this and a little of that...

Happy Monday!! The best day of the week! Right!? My work week starts today and ends Wednesday! Raise your hand if you love being a nurse! And put your hand down if you work nights and live the life of a zombie and never see your husband, your dog, or your friends and you only talk to your mom on the phone on your way to work... Am I alone? Anyone? Hello!?

Remember last week when I posted that I won some Texas honey from That Pink Girl - well it came!! Woo! I do love getting mail - a letter or a package it doesn't matter. There's just something about snail mail that is so satisfying!

And in true Pink Girl fashion - the honey was surrounded by pink - what a great way to package things and make it oh so fun for the receiver -

She even sent a sweet note along with the sweet honey! I don't know about y'all but I love me some honey. It started with Jimmie Dean breakfast sausage sandwich mini's that I used to eat at my Granny and PawPaw's every morning for breakfast, I would douse them in honey. Now I put it in cereal, in my tea, I eat a honey, banana and almond butter sandwich every day. I love it. I'm so glad that I am now able to enjoy some Texas honey and feel a little piece of the south every time I use it. I miss home A LOT at the moment...

I was also able to enjoy a pedicure last week with my dear sweet friend Lauren, who was on her first outing away from her little twin babies. 


I am probably their worst nightmare, because I generally show up after a run, sweaty and wearing running shoes. I'm sure they wonder why I waste my money on a pedicure if I'm just going to put socks and shoes on right over it. I also got my eye brows waxed and I'm beginning to think that I should stop waiting so long in between those visits because I swear no matter where I get them done they stop, stare and I hear an "oh wow" and tell me to come back soon... I'm attempting to make the unibrow the new "thing" okay? Since people do look to me for all the trends.

Today we received our juicer in the mail. We have been doing some research and want to start adding a drink here and there to our daily diet and maybe attempt a juice fast for a week. Or just 5 days. Or maybe just for one whole day. We'll see how it goes. The hubs and I love a good meal of carbs... we might starve.


Our grocery cart has never looked so green and colorful in all our two years of marriage. And we gave the juicer - we'll call her Agnes from now on - her maiden voyage. Neither one of us are huge veggie lovers and don't like to try out of the box things so our first juice consisted of 2 apples, some kale, 2 carrots, and alfalfa sprouts. It was actually delicious. The apple really over takes over flavor wise of every thing else, for which I was glad because alfalfa sprouts tend to over take everything else most of the time. We also bought a pomegranate, celery, pears, arugula, and a beet. We're going to take the next couple weeks and try different mixtures, see what we like. I wish we liked peppers because that tends to be in a lot of juicing recipes, but yuck. No thank you. But, I'm sure you'll be seeing and hearing a lot about Agnes in the near future (Despicable Me anyone?).

And just because..

The kitty kitty has recovered nicely from having his 2 k-9 teeth removed last week. Knock on would he appears to be like a new cat. Moving a little more swiftly around the house, and running some sprints to run from the refrigerator to his food bowl. Maybe I should take a little lesson from him on speedwork... I could probably handle a sprint from the refrigerator to the kitchen table to eat.

Just because he's cute. 

Do you juice? What is your favorite recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Glad it made ot safely! And cutey cute pics of the dog and kitty!

    ReplyDelete