1. Run a marathon. I don't plan to be fast, maybe one day, but my main goal would be to finish in an upright position, without the help of medical personnel. And perhaps eventually finish with a time around 4:30, that would be like a 10ish minute mile... I think 2012 is my year. Once I learn to commit and be disciplined.
2. Go to Alaska, I want to see the northern lights. How cool would that be!? And just be in the vastness of God's creation.
3. Get my neonatal certification, so I'll be a "specialized" nurse. So that I can perhaps mentally prepare myself for my GRE and MAYBE grad school... its out there... on the world wide web.. just know that I'm not 100% what I want to be when I grow up, but babies are my passion and I want to learn more so I can teach others how to care for them - which leads me to...
4. I want to go on a mission trip to Africa (don't tell my dad y'all he'll freak). I am praying for an opportunity that may be possible in 2012... because "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." - James 1:27 and "...Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak" - Jeremiah 1: 5-10
5. Attempt to be a vegetarian for 30 days... and see if it's a lifestyle change I could handle.. again, y'all don't tell my dad, or my Nobles' family, they might disown me!! And I do love a good piece of fried chicken... We did order a juicer and are going to attempt a juice cleansing diet..
6. Re-try yoga and zumba. I'm pretty sure yoga brings out the 8 year old self-diagnosed ADHD child within me, the one that can't focus and would just like the class to hurry up, and why must I be quiet for 60 minutes!? And as far as zumba goes.. I mean all I can say is this white girl can't dance. But people promise it's fun.
7. Keep in better touch with my friends and family. Skype more and text less and ie: not talking on the phone for 6 months even though we always start right where we left off. Maybe even attempt a get together so I can at least see my people more often!
8. Be a better wife. Maybe actually cook dinner at least
9. Actually visit the beach next time I'm in Florida. Not, like a drive by, but an actual visit. Me, a chair, a good book, some sun shades, a big floppy hat, a float, and a cooler fool of snacks. Bliss.
10. Road trip!! I don't really care where, just get in the car and drive... well maybe somewhere I've never been before. Up the coast to Maine, or maybe fly to California and drive up the coast and stop at vineyards... Oh or maybe through Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming and all of those least densely populated states - get away from people and again just bask in the glory of God's green earth...
11. and just a little extra - save save save for a nice camera (used or new) so that I may learn to beautifully document with something other than my iphone.
There it is. This is just what came to me at the moment... at 3 am as I write this and everyone else, animals included are fast asleep. Oh to be on the night shift schedule. If anyone wants to join me, besides obvs the hubs.. on any of my endeavors please let me know =)
I did a bloggy link up again with OhAmanda.com