Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: my bucket list

When I say bucket list.. I don't plan on dying anytime soon or anything, not that anyone really plans their death, and these aren't really things that I want to do before I die in the true sense of a bucket list but these are things that I want to do in the next few years, and/or lifestyle changes I'd like to ease into/just try out to say, I tried that. I'm not really a dive in head first kind of person, if you can believe that. I came across this quote in my web perusing,  “Every man dies – Not every man really lives.” by William Ross Wallace. He was a poet. I'm not sure if it's original to him, I'm pretty sure they used it in the movie Braveheart as well, but like 100 years later. I didn't do too much research, as I'm not to concerned with validity here or anything, just know that I'm not creative enough to come up with it by myself, but borrowed it from my pal William. Because my main thought behind this quote was that I want to really live, so that when I enter the gates of heaven my Jesus can say to me, "well done my good and faithful servant".  Some of my bucket list is for me, but I'm hoping to glorify Him in all that I want do.  I also put this quote up on facebook a couple of weeks ago, but I love it - "Better to love God and die unknown than to love the world and be a hero; better to be content with poverty than to die a slave to wealth; better to have taken some risks and lost than to have done nothing and succeeded at it" Erwin Lutzer. I want to take some risks, so..


1. Run a marathon. I don't plan to be fast, maybe one day, but my main goal would be to finish in an upright position, without the help of medical personnel. And perhaps eventually finish with a time around 4:30, that would be like a 10ish minute mile... I think 2012 is my year. Once I learn to commit and be disciplined. 


2. Go to Alaska, I want to see the northern lights. How cool would that be!? And just be in the vastness of God's creation.


3. Get my neonatal certification, so I'll be a "specialized" nurse. So that I can perhaps mentally prepare myself for my GRE and MAYBE grad school... its out there... on the world wide web.. just know that I'm not 100% what I want to be when I grow up, but babies are my passion and I want to learn more so I can teach others how to care for them - which leads me to...


4. I want to go on a mission trip to Africa (don't tell my dad y'all he'll freak). I am praying for an opportunity that may be possible in 2012... because  "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." - James 1:27 and "...Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak" - Jeremiah 1: 5-10


5. Attempt to be a vegetarian for 30 days... and see if it's a lifestyle change I could handle.. again, y'all don't tell my dad, or my Nobles' family, they might disown me!! And I do love a good piece of fried chicken... We did order a juicer and are going to attempt a juice cleansing diet..


6. Re-try yoga and zumba. I'm pretty sure yoga brings out the 8 year old self-diagnosed ADHD child within me, the one that can't focus and would just like the class to hurry up, and why must I be quiet for 60 minutes!? And as far as zumba goes.. I mean all I can say is this white girl can't dance. But people promise it's fun. 


7. Keep in better touch with my friends and family. Skype more and text less and ie: not talking on the phone for 6 months even though we always start right where we left off. Maybe even attempt a get together so I can at least see my people more often!


8. Be a better wife. Maybe actually cook dinner at least once,  twice,  okay, three times a week. And keep an acceptably clean house...


9. Actually visit the beach next time I'm in Florida. Not, like a drive by, but an actual visit. Me, a chair, a good book, some sun shades, a big floppy hat, a float, and a cooler fool of snacks. Bliss. 


10. Road trip!! I don't really care where, just get in the car and drive... well maybe somewhere I've never been before. Up the coast to Maine, or maybe fly to California and drive up the coast and stop at vineyards... Oh or maybe through Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming and all of those least densely populated states - get away from people and again just bask in the glory of God's green earth...


11. and just a little extra - save save save for a nice camera (used or new) so that I may learn to beautifully document with something other than my iphone.


There it is. This is just what came to me at the moment... at 3 am as I write this and everyone else, animals included are fast asleep. Oh to be on the night shift schedule. If anyone wants to join me, besides obvs the hubs.. on any of my endeavors please let me know =)


I did a bloggy link up again with OhAmanda.com

3 comments:

  1. You can totally do the marathon thing! If you can run a mile, you can run a marathon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think that I'm going to do it!! next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 - you can do it! Get hooked up with a great group like Team in Training for some coaching, accountability and a great cause!
    #5 Try ot for a day, then a week. Set yourself up for success by breaking it down to more manageable goals!

    ReplyDelete