Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Baby Showering it Up!

I'm home!! Back in the northeast. I so enjoyed my time in Dallas and getting to play with an oh so cool MacBook. But I'm back to my PC and I know how to add pictures...


Can we talk about what a fan-freaking-tastic packer I am!? I mean at this point, all that was in my suitcase was baby gifts! I hadn't even started putting my own stuff in yet. Well, except for socks, those were not for Baby Rhoades, except I'm thinking she may have some pretty massive feet, so we could probably share. Speaking of overly massive feet, did y'all know that your feet grow a 1/2 size to a whole size bigger while your preggo, as if those little buggers didn't do enough to your body - I already wear a size 10 - hellloo boat feet. **And no, I'm not pregnant, just making a general statement of disbelief.** Anywho, how proud are you people that I was able to get ALL my stuff in this suitcase and my back pack (yeah I'm that cool girl) and carry on and save $25 both ways. Take that Delta! I had a very uneventful flight and was so excited to see my best friend all big with child and stuff! We were sitting there talking and it hadn't completely sunk in, and I looked down and I was like woah! woah! woah! your belly! 

On Friday after 8 months of putting it off, I got my hair did. It was getting a bit extreme, my split ends had split ends. I love it, and I'm pretty sure just to save like $60 I'll just wait until I visit Dallas and get my hair done. Kiley got her hair did as well, I have a fabulous picture that you can see if you follow me on twitter, but since I'm such a good friend (not that I have a lot more people following me on here than twitter, but my twitter is protected) I won't post it on here. But it's pretty good. Pretty much wraps up how one feels during their eighth month of pregnancy. We also walked around downtown McKinney, which I love. Went into some fabulous western stores. Only in Texas y'all. But I did find these - 
I love them. I want them. I need them. They're a small car payment. There are people who can't put food on their table and I want these. I just couldn't. But in the words of Rachel Zoe - I DIE for these!!!! I have plans for an overtime or two and attempt to justify them in my materialistic mind. I'm just trying to keep it real. 

Saturday - the reason for the visit, we had a baby shower for Baby Rhoades!! It was so much fun and I'm so glad that we were able to celebrate. Luckily for all these Texas peeps the Rangers had it amazingly together and won the American League Championship and will be going to the World Series. So everyone had a good time, the men and all. 

Amanda, Mrs. Kathy, Kiley, and Me 

The oh so delicious cake - from Stein's Bakery in Dallas - Amazing. I'll be honest, I had two very small pieces that equaled one normal size piece. 

The delicious petit fours - also from Steins. I don't even really want to disclose the number of these I may or may not have consumed. I have decided that I eat cake like I'm never going to have it again when it's available to me. I mean I guess when I go "home" I want to know that I ate my fair share of cake because the heavenly body won't need food, but this earthly body I have loves it some cake... I was a good wife and brought the hubs one home. Be proud that I didn't consume it before I got here and just not tell him.. that would make me a not very nice wife. But what he doesn't know, won't hurt him. Right!?

Me and my date Amanda. This is Kiley's sister-in-law. She's real cool. Best date a girl could ask for =)

Major party foul - Scott got a paper cut in the middle of present opening and was getting blood everywhere. Almost had to kick him out, but Mrs. Kathy was to the rescue with a band aid. All was right in the world again and he was able to commence with the present opening. I'm sure he would've been really disappointed to have been shunned to living room to watch the baseball game with his bloody finger...

Me and el preggo. She looks amazing if I say so myself. Doesn't even look pregnant and that is so not a maternity dress. I'd also just like to take this time to point out that everyone has on cowboy boots but me. I can come to no other conclusion, than that I need a pair too. Back to the Lucchese Spirit's featured above - that I believe I can get away with here in the northeast as it's a riding boot and not a legit cowboy boot. If you'd like to donate to this cause - you can reach me by email and I'll tell you where to send your contribution.. Anyone?

Oh yes, what is a trip south of the mason dixon without a trip to chick-fil-a!? My favorite!! I had to get my quota in! And I did. It was Ah-mazing!

I had a great weekend, and was so happy to spend time with my friend and her little family. I can't wait for Baby Rhoades to come into the world - I'm thinking a trip in the spring - the Dallas RnR half on March 25, 2012. Make a rounded out trip of it? Visit and love on the baby, and run a half = a very productive weekend in my book. 

I am so glad to be home, and except when I got there I had to reprimand a very naughty puppy - this is the picture that the hubs texted me Friday night -
Why yes, you are looking at fuzz from the middle cushion of our couch. The pup apparently doesn't like being left alone with the cat all day long. Who knew? But that face - how can we stay mad at that face. He is going to start puppy school very soon though. And I think I even see a couple of days a week of puppy day care in his future. (I know, we're going to be those people, those  people that take their dog to daycare.. Don't judge me) This was the last thing we needed to make us take the leap and call Petco. So hopefully in about six weeks he will be a new puppy. Perhaps even well behaved.

Proverbs 16:9 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed hearing about Texas..there are times I think I could live there :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time. I think you should ask Santa for those boots....just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of Luccese's and they are like butter! Love them!

    ReplyDelete