Saturday, October 29, 2011

Winter: 1 - Fall: 0 - Winter Storm Alfred

Our little "wintry mix" forecasted by the weather channel for this weekend has turned into this -


So much snow that he needed a name - Alfred... So much snow that the plows are out! Need I remind you that it is OCTOBER 29!? We should still have another month at least of warm balmy temperatures in the 40's and 50's. Not a high of 32* Halloween weekend. See ya Fall! It was nice to see you again for, oh, all of about 30 days. 

So much for getting in a nice run today, I am so not equipped to exercise in this mess yet. Kudos to those of you that are! They apparently have chains for your shoes to be able to run in the snow and icy conditions? I don't know if I'm that serious or dedicated yet, I'll stick to the dreadmill for now. On a completely unrelated note - I ran 3 miles in 31:59 on the dreadmill the other day - my fastest "5k" to date! An entire five minutes faster than I was a year ago! Go me!

And on another note - the puppy had his first major snow experience this morning -


Needless to say he loves it! I may be investing in some doggie rain boots and a jacket if this is our predictor for what winter has in store for us.. He still hasn't quite figured out how to go to the bathroom in it yet... but it sure is fun to run around in and play in. And yes that is my husband in a short sleeve shirt with no jacket... you can take the boy out of Florida, but you can't take the Florida out of the boy. 

Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo to 5 minutes faster! But oh my mercy on all that snow!

    ReplyDelete