Monday, November 21, 2011

Sad and Confused

I generally don't have a reason for disappearing from the blog world for a week, but today I do. Today my Uncle Mark went home to be with his Heavenly Father. I don't know too much, I just know it was very unexpected, and we were not ready for him to leave us just yet. I don't know why God makes the decisions He does sometimes, and I don't always have to like them, but I know that he uses times of grief and hardship and the questions of why to show His love and mercy and compassion and grace. So I am heading to North Carolina in the morning to spend the next few days with my family, looking toward Him for comfort -


Please keep my Holland family in your prayers - especially my aunt (pronounced "ant" in the south please) Rosemary, my cousins Jenny and Charity and his grandsons Je'Shaun, Ian and Malachi. 

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the sun - Ecclesiastes 3:1

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life - Psalm 119:50

May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you - 2 Thessalonians 3:16 

I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith - Ephesians 3: 16-17

2 comments:

  1. Holly-
    I am so sorry for your loss. My mom was telling me about it this morning. I will be praying for you guys and hope that you get the answers you need to find closure. Love you!
    -Carey

    ReplyDelete