Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

How appropriate right? It is November, we are about to celebrate what I like to call the "forgotten holiday" - Thanksgiving!! I mean every store under the sun has their Christmas stuff out already, and don't get me wrong I love Christmas, but let's not forget those Pilgrims that sailed the ocean blue in 1492 and had what I'm sure was a fantastic first meal with Pocahontas and Meeko... Oh you mean the 1995 Disney version of Pocahontas wasn't accurate? I'm sure you get the general idea. I'm with Nordstrom all the way when they publicized that they won't be putting up Christmas decorations, until another certain holiday has been celebrated. That's right - Thanksgiving! So I find that sharing a few things I'm thankful for today seems befitting...

Psalm 107:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever." 

 Starbucks: I am addicted. I need caffeine and they are never in short supply. I am thankful for the sweet boy that gave me four shots in my venti mocha instead of just two... addicted. And I may or may not have just harped all over skipping over Thanksgiving BUT I do love the Starbucks Christmas red cup and it just makes me happy that it is here!

We are not moving this year!! I am thankful that for the first holiday season since we've been married, we are staying put! We will not be moving apartments across town, or driving halfway across the country. We will also not have to start packing like now - because we are actually putting down roots in the same place! Yay!!

Babies -  I'm not just thankful for babies because its kind of my job and I'm with them all the time... but for ALL of my friends that are getting ready to welcome little bundle of joys into their lives. I'm real excited for ALL of them. And I say ALL, because ALL of them are. You know I love you guys! And Auntie E has enough love for everyone!

Work - I'm thankful that the hubs and I both have jobs, when so many people don't right now. Because we have been there, and learned a lot about patience, and oh yeah, being thankful. And the opportunities that we have because of our jobs.. and something has to support my Starbucks addiction...

 Sleep - when working nights I feel like this is so important and some people just don't have the luxury, but I have a great puppy that has an innate ability to sleep all night, get up and go potty, and then sleep all day. His snoring is music to my ears. oh yeah and I'm thankful for a great pair of pajamas because when 68% of your time is spent in your bed staring at the back of your eyelids - it is a necessity.

The hubs - can't forget him, I'm thankful for the hubs, because (excuse me while I skip over thanksgiving) he is going to let me go crazy in Target getting Christmas decorations because WE'RE NOT MOVING THIS YEAR!!!!! Oh yeah and because he puts up with all my wants :)

My sweet nephew - he had surgery today, and I'm sure that little ball of energy handled it like a trooper!! He is so cute and I hate that such a small child who has no clue what's going on has had to go under the knife, but he'll be the coolest kid in kindergarten when he tells people "well oh yeah, I've already surgery x2 - beat that" or some such insult that only a kindergartner can come up with...

Love you little man - I am thankful for you!! Love your Auntie E

Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment