Sunday, December 18, 2011

Enlightened

That is how I'm told I should be feeling right now. I have crossed over to what I would call the dark side and what some would call the light side - I am writing, not my first post from a mac, but my first post from a mac that I own!! I am real excited!! I have wanted an Apple computer since I was in elementary school and they had the desk tops with the monitors with different colors. And when Elle Woods gets into law school at Harvard and buys a pink laptop. Because its the cool thing to do right!? Also my Mimi, who's age shall remain a mystery, got an iPad 2 for Christmas. An iPad 2!! So surely I must be as cool as her... I am still trying to figure it out, I haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet. I don't really know how to upload pictures yet or anything - I need a Mac tutorial. I will figure it out and my life will never be the same. I'll become a PC snob. Just wait.

Besides the excitement of getting a new computer - yayy!! My mom is here this weekend!! She got here on Friday and we've been going non stop since then! Friday we walked around our old stomping grounds of White Plains doing my favorite things - hanging out at Barnes and Noble and Target! I sincerely miss living right there - even though I'm pretty sure my wallet does not. Yesterday we ventured to Central Valley, NY to shop at Woodbury Commons. A ridiculously huge outlet mall, which I still can't afford half the stuff there, even at outlet prices. But it was fun to freeze and window shop. I was good and bought some candles from Yankee candle, and a new coat from the J Crew outlet. Which is my most favorite store ever. I had a beautiful red coat that I got from there on major major clearance three years ago that met its dreadful fate in February when we totaled our car. The sleeve kind of ripped off and considering it was on major, major clearance - it would cost more to fix it than it did to buy it. So I laid it to rest. May it rest in peace, along with the truck... Anywho I'm off to make my first roast ever, without a crock pot. Thank you Giada for the great idea and inspiration. Glad my mom is here to guide my way!! I'll let y'all know how it goes, and I might even have pictures by then!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for crossing over! I've had my MacBook Pro for several years now and can't imagine life without it. Or my iPhone, for that matter! It's super easy and you will catch on quickly! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete