Monday, December 5, 2011

Little Bee Review



I finally finished Little Bee by Chris Cleave a couple of weeks ago, and I'm just now getting the time to share my thoughts with you...

Remember  when I found this great book, with a two sentence synopsis on the back and I believed that I would never be able to think about another book until I was finished with this one!? Well I finished, and while it was good, it did not blow me out of the water like I was hoping and thinking that it would. It took me like two weeks to just get through the first few chapters. It was a little slow and very different from what I ever even would have imagined it to be about. There were times when I was like oh my gosh I am so bored and done with this book, and then Chris Cleave would throw in a curve ball and I would be totally interested. This lasted a few pages. And then I would think again, oh my gosh I am so bored and done with this book, then again, another curve ball that would leave me interested, but by the end, I was just glad to be done, and I didn't have to put a DNF (did not finish for all my runner friends) next to this title! I don't want to ruin it for anyone that might want to read it, so I won't tell you the punchline. All in all, it was a good book, I'm glad that my curiosity got the best of me and I was able to finish. But, let me save you a couple weeks of your life, and let me know and I'll tell you what happens.

After finally finishing Little Bee - it was like God knew I was going to need a couple of good reads for a plane ride that I did not expect nor really want to take. But I did, and I had some nice airy, lovey dovey, easy reads for the occasion. Nora Roberts and Nicholas Sparks never fail to deliver on their styles writing. While expected yes, they are very visual writers to me, and I'm able to disappear for a while to another place. Which was exactly what I needed. 

                            
                                                                        (source)

What have y'all been reading??

No comments:

Post a Comment