Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis the season!

Merry Christmas! I am super excited this year, because:

1. my mom is coming!!
2. we're going to see Wicked!!!
3. Luke and I are NOT moving!!!!!
4. We have our first tree!!!!

I am trying not to get all caught up in the retail and commercial side of Christmas, and remember the real reason for the season - Happy Birthday Jesus - but it is a little hard. I am sticking to the tree and a few ornaments and my tree scented candles, and other than that you can just call me Scrooge. Bah hum bug and all that jazz. But I really am just so happy to being seeing a family member - Juls!!! - and getting to spend Christmas with the hubs and our wonderful church family.

Last night we decorated the tree! And when I say I, I mean me... My OCD came out in full force with everything needing it's own perfect spot and being evenly spaced and if I had two of the same ornament they needed to be symmetrical on opposite sides of the tree. Not too close, and not too far... I know I'm stressing you out, because I'm stressing myself out! I will be moving ornaments around and rearranging probably until we're ready to take it down..

I must say it turned out pretty good.. I have some ribbon that I am enlisting someone much craftier than myself to make a bow tree topper for me instead of the usual tree topper. I love a big bow!


I don't care about the mess, I love the smell of a real tree, and you just cannot achieve the same look with a fake tree. I will sweep around it everyday - I just love it. 

As I am in the middle of typing this and loving Christmas, and daydreaming of sugarplums we have experienced our first ornament casualty -


at the hands... or mouth.. of the usual suspect...


He is in trouble and he knows it. 

That santa ornament was one of my favorites.. good thing I have two! I will have to watch that animal a little closer, and quite possibly rearrange the ornaments for the umpteenth time and make them a little higher.. Even though I hate having all that emptiness around the bottom... 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful December and Christmas season thus far!! Still a lot of the month left and celebrating to be had!!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government will be on His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful Cousellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace - Isaiah 9:6  

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! I love having a real tree too. Merriest (is that a word?!!) of Christmas's to you and yours!! And wish I was going to see Wicked. Have an amazing time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, your tree looks gorgeous! So fat and festive - perect for all those sparkly lights and special (and delicious, apparently!) ornaments!

    ReplyDelete