Saturday, December 3, 2011

What happens when..

You're out of town for five days, and then work five nights in a row and leave the puppy hubs in charge -


Someone call Hoarders - we might need professional help! I don't know about y'all but our kitchen table is just one more hard surface to drop off junk.. But it really is amazing what I can accomplish when I actually have a day off and take the time to actually put everything where it belongs -


Some clorox wipes, a broom, and a mop can really make a difference! I also took a few minutes to spruce the bathroom up a bit - Juls (my mom) is coming a couple of weeks and I wanted to get a jump start! 


Again - amazing what some clorox wipes can accomplish! Mind you I channeled my Granny and got slightly borderline OCD and spent an hour in here on every nook and cranny and moldy spot until that place sparkled - I went to my first patient funeral friday, and considering what I do and where I work, it's not something I want to do again any time soon... so I took it out on my bathroom. And we're all better for it. I posted the above picture to twitter and That Pink Girl was quick to respond


Pink is her favorite color in case you didn't know... Its so mine too - que the hot pink that showed up everywhere in our wedding - but not on the tiles, toilet, and bath tub in my house... I have a feeling the sink area was once pink, but someone took pity on the renters and threw in the white counter tops for some balance - again blush and bashful are my colors...

After my tirade through the house Friday night we went to see Arthur Christmas which was super cute, and put us in the Christmas spirit - so much so that we went to buy our very first tree as a married couple -


Now I just need ornaments!! I will be raiding Target tomorrow for some goods - I can't wait to see it all finished - it is huge! Thank you Whole Foods for an actually decently priced tree that is big and tall and fluffy! It's so fluffy I'm gonna dieeee!!!! (name that movie and we'll all be friends forever!)

Also, I have finished Little Bee by Chris Cleave - I'll be reviewing that this week, so if you want to read it, hurry!! And The best of Me by Nicholas Sparks AND The Next Always by Nora Roberts. I needed some light and airy easy reads that didn't require much thought after Little Bee and with everything going on in my life last week. Those two fit the bill! Read up my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment