Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My 2012 Spring Schedule and BIG news

FINALLY!! I've never even had a schedule. I generally like to fly by the seat of my pants for these types of things BUT this year, there were certain races that I wanted to run and there is a semi rhyme and reason to these. There really aren't that many - but they're all requiring some travel time..

So for 2012...

Seaside School Half Marathon  March 4, 2012

(this is from last year, but it's all I could find) 

I am super excited about this race because I ran it last year.. didn't do so hot, but I did run the entire thing which was my main goal. But this year I'd at least like to beat my time. If I could PR from my original half time of 2:29 that would be even better, but only time will tell. Last year the weather was okay. Not great, but okay. It was about 50 degrees and cloudy with a chance of rain. Luckily no rain, just clouds. But this is a cool race because its at "home" in Florida, and my sister is doing the half again with me this year and my mom is doing the 5k. So it's a family affair!

Big D Half Marathon April 15, 2012


I had thoughts about this being my first marathon - but after thinking about it and getting a much needed opinion from That Pink Girl I decided to stick with the half. And my best friend lives in Dallas, and I'm thinking that I can talk her and her hubs into running with me and I have to meet sweet little EK - who we'll let Luke babysit while we run! And it's the week of my birthday and I have a vacation week and just lots of things fall into place. And after stalking That Pink Girl for the past two years, I might actually get to meet her! Creepy McCreeperson right here. 

And drum roll.....

On April 28, 2012 I am running MY FIRST MARATHON!!!!



Yeee!! I think you all saw it coming, I've been talking about it for months but I've been oh so nervous and is that the right race to run my first full marathon!? Am I going to be ready for the hills!? Decisions! Oh my gosh - I moved away and yet here I am flying back to run there for not the first time but the second time.. makes sense right!? Well, it seems to be a good meeting in the middle for my sister and I. She and a friend are going to run the half, so I decided what better time to take the plunge and run my first full! My only drawback is that the hubs won't be there - I was really looking forward to seeing him and my mom and dad at the finish line - because what a HUGE accomplishment whether I run it in 3 hours or 6 hours - as long as I finish! But I'm thinking that this is just the beginning and there will be lots more races that I will be dragging the hubs along too and my mom and dad. I have exactly 16 weeks to get going. Working on a training plan (going a couple weeks by a couple weeks of course) and mentally preparing for those 20 milers!! Hence the half's taking place before hand. And a lot of traveling...

Oh yeah and if I can work it into my work schedule and the hubs will let me I might just add the 13.1 NYC on March 24, 2012...

Isaiah 40:31 ~ I will run and not grow weary.... 

2 comments:

  1. Yaaay for first marathons! And good choice with Nashville!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your first full! nashville will be fun or at the very least, good music. provided that you dont hate country...

    ReplyDelete