Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 3 Recap: Seaside 1/2

In case you were worried about the hubs on his birthday - I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner. It was amazing, if I say so myself. And we went to Pinkberry for a birthday dessert BUT poor hubs, they were out of his favorite flavor so I got some..


Pomegranate with strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate crunch - SO good.

On to training... I do run every now and again..

What was supposed to happen in week three of training... as opposed to what really happened during week three of training - I will say that It was my most consistent week...

3 mile run + Spin
4 mile run
6 mile Run
Strength+ 40 min
(20 min @10:30/ 20min @ 10:15
5 mile pace (10:30)
rest
8 mile long run


Monday: I had a very nice 3 mile run + spinning - I have not done a spinning class in about a year and oh my buns.. my poor, poor buns. There was chafing, and there has been subsequent bruising. To places I didn't think even touched the bike - but what do I know?

Tuesday: 4 miles = didn't happen. I'd love to have some great excuse but it had something to do with "I'm so tired" and I took my contacts out for the first time since I'm not real sure when, and I just could not get them back in my eyeballs..

Wednesday: 6 miles. Oh yes I did. Go me. And at a 10:46 pace to boot! Then worked on my legs with some lunges and squats and more lunges.

Thursday: wanted to run and spin again. Spinning = yes. Running = no. Y'all I forgot to wear a sports bra!! Don't worry I had some support but not the kind I like when working out. I like Nike DriFit. And the worst part is, is that I never wear a regular bra. I just don't. Give me the uni-boob sports bra look any day - I just find it more comfortable and the one day that I go out and decide to be normal - I'm so scatter brained I leave for the gym without even thinking!!! I'm sitting there spinning and thinking OMG good thing I am not so blessed or I'd be worse off than half the ladies in this class!!!! Ladies: a good sports bra is key for your girls!! But at least I got to spin.

Friday: Major GI issues - major. Need I say more. The whole 2.55 miles I got in - I was praying I didn't embarrass myself at the gym..

Saturday: Thought about redemption from Friday and get my 5 miles in. But there was snow. So I followed my schedule for once and took a rest day. Easy enough.

Sunday: 8 miles at 11:06 pace. I played with the speed a lot to keep myself from going too crazy and getting too bored. But nice and easy. Why yes I did complete these on the dreaded treadmill BUT I watched the episode from Biggest Loser last week and every time I heard Dolvett scream "go! go! go!" I increased my speed a little bit. Great motivation. And nothing like almost losing it while the red team got to Skype with their families and trying to breathe and not lose my balance all at the same time.

I think week three wasn't a complete bust - there's room for improvement and week four is going to be a huge test for me because I have my first double digit run planned and its supposed to be freezing cold and raining most of the week...


I am a wimp I know - It's not terrible weather. It definitely could be worse BUT when you're used to this-


It makes going out in the latter kind of difficult...

Anywho - my game plan from week four -

23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Happy Birthday Hubs!
Rest and Celebrate!
5 miles
3 miles + strength
5 miles + Spin
Long Run 12 miles
8x400 with 1 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down
Rest

I know, I know - speed work after a long run.. probably not going to be my best decision but it's just the way the cookie crumbles.. or really it's just the way it works out with my work schedule. Because I'm not eating any cookies right now. We shall see if I can stick to it!

AND... my favorite Harley picture of the week just for kicks...


Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment