Wednesday, February 15, 2012

first timer here

Today, on February 15, 2012, I went to the post office and applied for my very first passport!!!


Wahoo!! One more item to check off my "to do" list and get me to Uganda!! 
My wrinkly thumb is for hire... Future hand model - Add that to my resume. 

I was super excited, and what made it even better was that the lady at the Post Office who helped me, was excited too! Like I've said before, I don't exactly live in the land of sunshine and daisies, most of the time it all about me, me, me - and to have someone else be so helpful and as genuinely excited me for as I am was way cool!! There was also a woman there with her son applying for his passport - you want to know the age difference - let's just say I'm almost a quarter of a century and he was probably still in pull - ups. And he was getting his first passport and there I was getting mine. Thanks dad for never going anywhere we couldn't just hop in the car and drive to... But again - one more check off and I'm one step closer to preparing myself to leave the country!! And I don't think I procrastinated too, too long - I originally posted here in January and it's only the middle of February and I got it done! In my life, and the way I like to put things off - I think I did pretty good! Done and done.

Now I will just leave you with this little gem...


No I didn't get arrested... Mugshot worthy? I think so. 

As you can see, I really like to get dressed up for these kinds of things.. Oh you know, for a picture that's going to be sitting in a book that you plan to show all over the world for ten whole years. I really focused on my hair as you can see... took me eight hours of good sleep to achieve that master piece.. But it's done, I don't look too shiny, and I'm not cross eyed, and I at least got my eye brows did yesterday so there are two distinct ones on my face instead of the one solid one I've been rocking. 

Now I am off to the gym, because I think my stomach is finally back in business.. cross your fingers. And remember to keep Avery and her momma Carey in your prayers today - Carey had an amniotic reduction procedure done, which I'm told went very well and they were able to remove a lot of excess fluid to help make Carey more comfortable. Pray that it doesn't send her into labor (a side effect) and that Avery decides to hang out in there just a little while longer!!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13

1 comment:

  1. I love your passport picture:) So SO exciting that you are going to Uganda! Your dog is the cutest thing in the world and the picture of your Pizza Hut meal made me drool! Hope you are having an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete