Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

If you're like me... you're probably not watching the biggest sporting event of the year tonight i.e.: the Super Bowl number 40 something - but instead working. Or maybe not working, maybe that's just me... but you might just along for the food or the great company or like 80% of the world, the commercials.. which is all fine and dandy! To each his own, right? But honestly, I like football, and I like to watch a good football game - but give me college over NFL any day. (Go Noles!!) (and because I can... WDE) Anywho... Yahoo! gave some great options this morning on what you can watch if you're just not that into the game... But if you are watching - here are some stats on that


WHO WILL BE WATCHING?
151.6 million: Number of people who will watch at least part of the game.
194 million: Approximate number of blades of grass on the football field.
232: Number of countries and territories in which the game will be broadcast.
34: Number of languages the game is broadcast in.
1: Number of languages in which the word "football" doesn't mean "soccer."
And for those of you that don't want to watch...

The Puppy Bowl - 3PM on the Animal Planet.. Yes please.. just what I need to watch to NOT cure my want for another fur baby

Downton Abbey - I have heard nothing but good things about this show - it is on my netflix cue as we speak, just patiently waiting to be viewed - its like an inside look at Britain's royalty in the early 20th century for Americans.. It's at 9PM on PBS - it must be educational then right? So I need to watch it to broaden my television horizons

60 Minutes - They're apparently doing a "ladies" show tonight... Dolly Parton, Meryl Streep, and Anna Wintour... Why not girls?

Luck - On HBO, I don't have HBO but this show was good enough to be picked up a second season so if you have HBO, this may be an option for you - 9PM

And there are some more - I'm sure lots of options out there - but honestly, who doesn't enjoy good food and good friends, and what more is the Super Bowl about than that!? Beside the whole football thing...

Speaking of the good food... HRG posted some interesting Super Bowl foodie facts... from HERE


HOW MUCH FOOD WILL BE CONSUMED?
8 million: Total pounds of popcorn consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
28 million: Pounds of potato chips consumed.
53.5 million: Pounds of avocados consumed.
222,792: Number of football fields worth of farmland to grow all that 
corn, potatoes, and avocados.

11.8: Depth, in feet, of guacamole consumed if it were spread across the football field.
293,000: Number of miles of potato chips, laid end to end, consumed during the game.
1 billion: Number of chicken wings consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
325.5 million: Gallons of beer drank by Americans that day.
493: Number of Olympic-sized swimming pools that could be filled with all that beer.
20%: Increase in ant-acid sales the Monday after the game.
7 million: Number of employees who will not show up to work Monday.
I will sadly not be on of those 7 million not showing up to work - because I'm going in tonight for "guppy duty"... Craziness though! Even though everyone at work is on a diet, within 5 min of showing up last night, it was all - where are we ordering food from!? Just because it's a BIG football game.. Nuts I tell you.

Also with great commercials like this one... how can you not be entertained?


I hope you're all safe and make good food choices!! And tell me, are you watching the Super Bowl tonight, or are you being unAmerican and enjoying another TV show?


PS: Welcome to the world Emma Hadleigh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment