Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sunny Florida

Is where I am writing to you from!! AKA sunny/cloudy/stormy/rainy/hot/humid Florida... It has been super hot, and I am such a great packer that I literally packed clothes to run in and that is it... Priorities right? Before we run though I have been spending quite a bit of time with this little guy...



No need for an interior decorator - the sister already has someone to rearrange the furniture..


Giving kisses to Gigi's picture while hanging out at Pop Pop's office


Watching Phineas and Ferb fighting sleep because who wants to miss a moment with their Auntie E!?


Thinking about what to eat for breakfast at Cracker Barrel...

I should have called this the Wyatt post...

We are hanging out in Destin today at a super cool hotel that my super cool in-laws booked for us - well it was supposed to be for the hubs and I but the hubs couldn't come so it's a sister and sister's son weekend at the beach! But we have this cool view of the inlet and the Gulf of Mexico way out there past the other hotels -


The weather has not been so great yet, rainy and cloudy and thunder and lightening so we're putting off heading to the 'expo' yet, but we'll get there at some point today and plan on getting wet. I use expo lightly because the race is capped at around 4000 runners because of the road size or some such nonsense, so it's nothing huge, but a packet pick up none the less. At the moment we're watching a Phineas and Ferb marathon on the Disney channel because today is -


Platypus Day. Woo hoo! Entertainment for the Little Man all day!! But back to the weather for the 7am start in the morning is supposed to be around 50 and sunny and around 65 when we finish - which is hot hot hot for this transplanted New Yorker. You'd think I would be used to the humidity and crazy unpredictable weather of Florida but I haven't been here for a while and considering I left 30 degree weather 50 actually feels hot now! I have got to find a new shirt to run in because I've been sweating like crazy since I stepped off the plane wednesday night! Hope you're having a great Platypus/Pre race day!! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Platypus Day to you and yours!!!
    Oh, and have a GREAT race!!!!

    ReplyDelete