Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Family-versary

On April 5 a year ago after many tears and begging and pleading (you think I'm joking...) the hubs and I were driving to the middle of nowhere middle Tennessee... Beechgrove


Literally middle of nowhere... 

To visit a puppy... This puppy was the last of his litter and lucky for me the hubs has a big, big bleeding heart and felt sorry for this flea ridden, cherry eye mutt... we met him...


Now since I had already pitched a fit worthy of a toddler in the middle of K-Mart begging his mom for a toy.. I kept my mouth shut and to be perfectly honest I kind of, sort wanted a baby puppy - not this five month old animal that was already past most of his prime puppy days - but he was already house and kennel trained... We spoke with the owners of the shelter and said our good-byes and headed back to Nashville.. We didn't get 10 min down the road before the hubs said did you like him? And me not wanting to get my hopes up said yeah I liked him (beggars can't be choosers and I wanted a dog!!).. I thought he was really cute.. and the hubs replies do you want to call them back and tell them we'll take him... I don't think I've ever dialed a number so fast... 

We stopped by PetSmart on the way home and got all the essentials... and a few days later we made that long drive to the Tennessee country again and brought home our very own Tennessee hound dog...


He was kind of sad to leave the only home he'd ever known...


And he kind of hid in the corner for most of the first day...

But now a year later he's more comfortable than ever (sans the fleas and cherry eye)... chewing anything and everything - toys don't last long, he's still not good on a leash, he goes through jars of peanut butter like I eat chocolate, we've lost countless rolls of toilet paper, and the middle cushion of our couch is apparently the way to China because he just. can't. stop. digging... there's never a dull moment but he's the biggest cuddler ever, the cutest snore-er you'll ever meet and we wouldn't trade him for anything.



Happy one year family-versary Harley puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment