Monday, April 23, 2012

Florida, sweet Florida

I really had big plans to blog everyday while on vacation with daily updates on everything we were doing while on vacation.. but lo and behold "vacation" in Florida to visit family is never actually a "vacation" and we're up early in the morning and stay up late at night trying to make sure we see everyone we need to see and spend enough time with everyone that we want to spend time with.. So blogging kind of got put on the back burner, as it usually does when it's between blogging and sleeping... So I'll just do a quick week recap of everything we jammed into the few days that we were there - 

Saturday I ran 20 miles and questioned my whole decision to run a marathon... and then I sat around until I went down to visit my sister and her other family and I got to visit with Carey and our sweet, wild, and crazy little nephew.. Good times y'all. I had the best 20 mile recovery food on the planet.. fried fish, hush puppies, coleslaw, cheese grits, cookies, and key lime pie.. I'm salivating just thinking about it! There is nothing in the world like a fish fry in the south.. unless it's a shrimp boil... 

Sunday was pretty uneventful - which are my favorite kind of days.. we went to church and lunch and then we did absolutely nothing... which is what vacation is all about and I wanted to to totally soak it in because the rest of the week just flew by!

Monday my sister has off and she had the little man all day. We had big plans to go to the beach... but first we thought we'd take him to the park.. we had a big big time!


Sliding down the slide about a million times and swinging on the swings together!

After the park we decided to head to the beach, Wyatt looked so tired and we thought for sure we could take the tent out there and he would nap on the beach while we soaked up some beautiful rays.. you know what they say about the best laid plans... After a minor breakdown he saw the beach and that was that..



It was go, go, go. We hadn't even finished spreading the blanket out before the little man had walked back and forth over it at least a dozen times.. We ran down to the water, we ran away from the water, we ran halfway down the beach and back to the water and back to the towel.. It was a workout. There was no laying down and reading a book. Have you ever gone to the beach with an extremely mobile 20 month old!? Who happens to be a little too smart for his own good... But we lasted about an hour and had a great time! The hubs had to work from home that day so sadly he didn't get to join us. 

Tuesday was a good day - it was my birthday! I am now a quarter of a century old... just a baby, I know.. It was hubs and Holly time all day.. whatever I wanted to do. He treats me so well.. We did lunch at Chick fil a and then headed out to Seaside to go to the beach. Because I love Seaside. It really just makes my heart happy to be there. We hung out at the beach for a little while, and then I got my hair did by Erika's (over at Urban Grace) sister - in - law Leah. I love my hair, I've been wanting to chop it off. It was such a cute little salon out in Seaside. And then I went to get my nails did... and then we went to eat at one of my favorite restaurants but we never go to because again we're all TGI Fridays all the time but since it was all about me, I chose the Red Bar. I love that place - if you're ever in the area the panne chicken is my favorite and it is a ton of food! 


Happy Birthday to me!

Wednesday we had Tucker Family Fun Day! My in-laws and sister and brother in law took off work and we spent the morning at another favorite eating establishment - Another Broken Egg Cafe - I love this place and I eat like a fat kid when I'm there.. They have cinnamon bun french toast which is absolutely out of this world amazingly good but probably has somewhere around the upwards of thousands of calories but it is so very worth it. So instead of me eating the whole thing by myself we got it as an appetizer and we all ate a little bit... But I so would have eaten the whole thing... After since the hubs got super burnt from the beach on Tuesday we went bowling. I would just like you all to know that I won the second game... I might just have found a new hobby... After our morning family time I hit the road again and headed over to Perdido Key where one of my BFFs from high school is living for a little while. I haven't seen her since her wedding almost two years ago. A lot has happened since their wedding.. they have little baby Emma now! So I had to go and meet her!


Me and baby Emma!

Thursday was my last day and we had a lot to jam pack in there... one last day at the beach and dinner with the parentals and a night run with my sister. I had really planned on running 18 miles but trying to plan enough time for 18 miles and get in family time is real, real hard. I am so jealous of you people that can run those 18 miles fast enough to still have time after to get things done... 

Friday it was time to hit the road again.. 


We made great time to Mimi's in North Carolina - where we took a short little nap and hit the road again bright and early at 6 am for what I thought would be an 11-12 hour drive home... Silly me.. After a speeding ticket... getting lost in Hagerstown, MD and running into bad storms in PA where I pulled off the interstate to wait it out... so 14 hours later we pulled into the driveway and we were finally home sweet home! 

And now I have a few short hours before my little vacation ends and I'm back at work... I'm going to attempt one last long run before work and before my marathon this weekend... Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. yay! looks like you had a sweet trip. and happy belated b-day!! chick-fil-a shows LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my cries, little Emma is adorable! Glad y'all had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair and LOVE that you had such a great time. Makes my heart very happy. (And sorry that Luke got burned!!!)

    ReplyDelete