Monday, June 11, 2012

Anniversary Dinner and how I shop

So last wednesday was our third anniversary... On the actual day we stayed in, ordered pizza, and skyped with my parents. We are beyond cool and exciting.. I know... The hubs actually had a dinner planned and there were reservations involved and he decided he wanted it to be a surprise so I had no idea I just knew Friday at 8 we were going out. I was a little nervous because as most of you know we are all TGI Fridays and pizza all the time - so to try something new I had no clue what he was thinking. Since I live in scrubs and work out clothes I was starting to get nervous about what to wear because my only clue was that he was wearing slacks and a button up polo... I'm sorry but what you're wearing doesn't help me get dressed... so he finally told me that morning. Ensue the panicking. We were going to eat at Harvest on Hudson. I perused the website and started freaking because I obviously couldn't show up in my nike tempos and a tshirt!! So when I woke up I went shopping, like any normal girl... I hate shopping. Shocking I know. But I don't go anywhere, and I don't dress nice for work so 98% of the time I'm shopping for something that I'm not 100% comfortable going to - and my mom lives 1000 miles away and she's my voice of reason. Soo... I texted her pictures of everything I tried on... and waited in the dressing room for her "yay" or "nay"... Like any normal person... Right!?



I am so not a maxi dress person... And I really want to be... The sports bra tan doesn't exactly help matters. But there's not much that I can do about that. After about an hour and a half I was ready to call it a day, wear something I had and risk being underdressed. But things got better... Can I just say that I have never stepped foot into a Lily Pulitzer store in my life... but I just happened to notice that they were having a 40-60% off sale and I might as well look... I headed straight to the sale rack and found two options. Um I really wanted to like the one shoulder dress.. but ew on me.. The sales girl was so nice - they all were - and you know I'm a sucker for nice sales people. I find that most of the time when you show up with three day old hair and stinky work out clothes they don't jump at the chance to sell you something... I can't imagine why.. Anywho, the girl that was helping me had been to the restaurant and approved outfit #3 and my mom texted me a "yay" finally so I purchased and went to go find shoes because someone (not naming any names) thought it would be a great idea to chew on the two pairs wedges that I owned... After two hair pulling out hours I left the mall... I really do hate that place...

And then I got my nails did... 

The restaurant was so pretty. It was right on the Hudson river, with a nice outside patio. They are mainly Italian and their specials featured dishes from a specific region of Italy depending on the night. And the food was absolutely delicious. The boy did a great job planning it all out. And surprising me.



We had a mozzarella and basil pizza for an appetizer and I ate the red snapper that had a side of vegetable torta that was absolutely amazing and the hubs ate a chicken dish... we couldn't pronounce half the stuff on the menu but it was amazing food. And just in case you were wondering - we were dressed appropriately =) But I think we'll stick to places that accept t-shirts... 

No comments:

Post a Comment