Friday, June 14, 2013

Last Day in Lira

Somehow, we made it to our last day! It felt like we had been there forever and yet our time went by so fast... We had a wonderful last devotion where Shelby, Amber and Sam played their adungu's for us.

High fives all around because they did such an awesome job!






We then went to spend the last of our day with the children at the children's home and finish up any last minute check ups and follow ups. 

But first...


This super cute little naked boy would run out of his hut every day that we drove by - literally every day! And wave and yell "muno!!" and so we decided that today we were going to stop and love on this little boy... and you know what, he did not run out of his hut, so Jimmy asked his mom where he was and he was napping!!! Of all the days to be napping! We were so sad. Next time...

We also made a stop by the fashion center to pick up our finished bags and skirts..


It felt weird to know that it was our last day. We were making a schedule and it most definitely felt like home, but we also had to prepare to leave. Much like the welcoming ceremony, the kids had planned a good bye program and I'm sure you can guess what we ended the day with... a dance party... 












Oh Shelbs.... I love this picture..

I do hope that I've been able to give you a glimpse of what our two weeks were like. It was such a short time to be in a country but we bonded with the children and the staff and each other as you only can in such a short time while all having the same mission. It is so hard to put into words what I saw, how I felt, how I feel now (almost a year later) and still trying to tell you about it...(insert: worst blogger ever) I love what COTN is doing in Uganda (I hope to see what they're doing in other countries also!!). I love how they use the nationals to run their in-country day to day happenings... They are doing a wonderful job and just pouring love and Jesus into the kids and it shows. They made God so real to me, I know I mentioned in earlier posts, but they see Him everywhere and in everything. They know what it is like to need Him and have faith in Him to live, not just in the valleys when things get tough. Things are tough in Africa... and they know that and yet they have unspeakable joy. I hope that I've been able to take that away from them and remember that in my day to day life. We had a great last dinner, and they gave us (the girls) a bag that they had made and the boys got a handmade picture. It was so sweet and so unexpected. And then - we danced the night away...

One who is full loathes honey, but to one who is hungry everything bitter is sweet. ~ Proverbs 27:7

I can only hope to never be full... 

No comments:

Post a Comment