Thursday, August 1, 2013

Weekly WODs

My weekly WOD post is a little late.. I worked a stretch of 4 nights and I never get much done when that happens! Sorry if I'm getting a little too crossfit for you all BUT that's kind of all that I have going on right now besides work and I can't talk about work because of HIPPA and all that jazz. And no one really wants to hear about my job anyway! I also have some pretty big news that I can't share just yet (no I'm not pregnant... sorry) and I really just want to shout it from the roof top.. so SOON!

While I was slaving away taking care of the babies all weekend I was trying to sneak in some of the crossfit games! My coach Kaleena competed in her first games!! She totally rocked her "rookie" games finishing 19th with three first place finishes... some rookie! She really shows us that if you dream big and work hard you can make anything happen!! I guess that's why the motto at our gym is "Make it happen". We're all so proud of her! And I know her... so that's totally cool! I totally want to go next year to spectate and watch Kaleena kick some booty!

During Naughty Nancy - one of her first place finishes!

While I most definitely did not work as hard as Kaleena did last week - I did get a PR!

Monday 7/22
10 push presses 115/75
10 Kettle bell swings 53/35
10 box jumps 24/20
teams of 2 - AMRAP 30 min

The hubs and I did this WOD together. We finished 18 rounds +17 reps. So I just finished the 10th round to make it even. I liked this WOD, even though it was a bit longer. I'm not the best at box jumps so I like to work on those. Still working on those pull ups!

Tuesday 7/23
"Diane" 
Deadlift 3-3-3
21-15-9
deadlifts 225/155
hand stand push ups
9 minute cap

My time 7:13 @ Rx. Well I used two ab mats for the HSPU. I just can't get the kipping ones down so I do strict. But I think I'm doing pretty good with that! My deadlift max was 200lbs! Woop - I've been waiting to hit that 200lb mark! I don't know why I couldn't get more!? I just did 25 @185lbs a couple of weeks ago. And I needed my friend Nikki B. to yell in my face. I won't type what she wrote because it was slightly inappropriate. But gosh darn it I picked up 200lbs!

Wednesday I spent all day at the "beach" before I went to work! I say "beach" because it's a park... and it's on the Long Island Sound and the sand is brown and the water is gross. It's not Florida!! But I got some good sun and spent some time with friends!

Thursday 7/25
"Rubber Duckies"
teams of 2 take turns rowing..
250m
500m
750m
1000m
750m
500m
250m
35 min time cap

The hubs rowing away... 

That's a total of 8000m - 4000m a piece! The hubs and I paired up again on this one and finished 34:41. I am glad that crossfit is something the hubs and I can totally do together BUT I mean when he's behind me and I'm completely out of breath and slow down to 2:20 he's like pull faster! Get back down to under 2... I wanted to turn around and be like excuse me!? Um 4000m with breaks in between was exhausting - I totally cannot even imagine doing 21,0197m... Even with my own music!! Probably why I'll never compete in the games... Okay, not just my rowing - my everything is why I'll never compete in the games.

Friday 7/26
"Fran"
Thruster - find one rep max
21-15-9
thrusters 95/65
pull ups


I think I knew the "Fran" workout before I even started crossfit... and it's always terrified me. This is like THE benchmark workout of crossfit. We did Fran backward at Christmas - "Narf" and I think I used like 45lbs and a really thick band for the pull ups and it still took me around 11 minutes to finish. In my defense I had only been doing crossfit for like 4 weeks! BUT this time I did Rx and one skinny band for the pull ups. STILL cannot do a strict pull up but did kipping with the red band. I was told until I can do about 7 kipping unbroken to use a band. I did the first 21 thrusters unbroken and did the pull ups 10-11. The 15 thrusters were unbroken and the pull ups were 5-5-5. The 9 I broke into 5 and 4 for the thrusters and I think the pull ups were 3-3-2-1. Obviously I need to still work on pull ups. I get in my own head and I just. cannot. do. them. Anywho, I finished in 6:50. Not the best, but not the worst. I was okay with this considering my pull ups are terrible. My goal is to finish right at 5 min in six months! oh yeah I also PR'ed on my thruster - 110lbs! 

That's TWO PR's for the week!! 

SaturdayI took off. I slept until like 430pm and then actually showered and used the hair dryer before work. People asked if I was sick... Sometimes I do get a head ache from my hair being up in the same spot so much. It lasted for about and hour before I put it up!! Sunday I woke up and went to spin at my friend's house on their bike like last week because it's in the AC!! I did a lot of random speedwork, increase tension out the saddle... Really whatever I felt like and what I thought went with the music I was listening too! Went for 40min. Monday I did actually wake up to run three miles with the pup. I lolly gagged and snoozed like 5 too many times and didn't wake up until around 4pm so I was running out the door to get in some quick miles before I had to get ready for work again. Every day I tell myself I'm going to wake up at 2pm and get ready and run 4-6miles. And surprise, it. never. happens. If I have to choose getting up to run or sleeping another 2 hours - I am going to choose that extra sleep! Night shift problems... 

I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seats for my "big news" - stick around! I should be able to talk more about it next week!

PS - today I did THREE double unders in a row!! But I totally kind of peed my pants a little bit.. TMI but so true!


Ryan Gosling gets it... 

5 comments:

  1. Good job on the Fran time and the 3 double unders!! Double unders are still my enemy!! Ugh!! My max is 7 unbroken. I am just not consistent. Why are they so much harder than they seem?!?! One day, just one day, I am determined to do like 50 unbroken!
    -Kylie @ Lip Gloss & Lunges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about most of what you are talking about, BUT I am so proud of you, my friend!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Becky!!! I emailed you =)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I totally saw Kaleena in the Games!! That's your coach!??! Wow!! That's amazing. Rubber ducky wod sounds fun. How do you kipping pullups with a band? I haven't quite been able to figure that out. I can do 2 strict pull-ups, and I can sort of do kipping pullups, but really it's an ugly kip followed by a half strict pullup!! Lol. Good job on the double unders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! How cool is that!! I wrap the band around the bar and put my feet in it.... I'll make a video!! I can kip pretty good... I hold too long at the top though and waste a lot of energy!!

      Delete